Cooking, Steaming, Baking - Always with the Right Amount of Water in the Tank
Modern ovens with their software-controlled and individually configurable programs make baking easier. Simple and convenient, for your best baking recipes. As a combined appliance with microwave or additional steam function they provide the user with a perfect baking result.
Depending on the model and baked goods the functional concept also includes the generation and dispensing of steam at certain times during the baking program. In this way the crust formation can be optimized.
The oven generates the steam in the baking chamber. The water needed comes from a storage tank. The appliance manufacturers offer solutions with removable or permanently installed and refillable tanks.When the baking program starts it must be clear how much water is available. If the amount of water is insufficient the baking program will not start automatically. It asks the user to refill water.
This function requires filling level detection. The [capacitive level sensors] from EBE sensors + motion are ideally suited for this application.
- They work without movable floater and perform a touchless measurement through the tank wall.
- Bio-film coatings in the storage tank cannot impair the measuring function.
- The sensors reliably detect the presence of the removable tank without additional effort.
- Drops or films on the inner tank wall cannot cause malfunctions of the sensor.
- The sensors are fully temperature and humidity compensated.
- They work together smoothly with the oven’s electronics.
Sensor Technology for Level Measurement
The [capaTEC® technology] developed by EBE forms the basis of the level measurement. Furthermore, it can reliably detect the presence of a water tank - no matter if the tank is empty and dry.
This capability plays a major role when the central control of the oven resp. the steam cooker wants to pump back the water from the steam generator into the storage tank. This step may only be made if the empty tank is actually in the appliance.
capaTEC® precisely detects the real filling level at any time, even if drops, condensate or bio-film coatings are in the storage tank. The capacitive sensor technology allows for a faultless function even under difficult environmental conditions and with heat.
The same functionality is also required in pure steam cookers. Here, however, a further task is often required.
- Dirty water develops in the steam cooker during cleaning and steaming. It may contain oil and fat residues from cooked meat or vegetables.
- This water is collected in a separate removable tank. The oil and fat residues settle on the interior wall of the tank.
- Conventional capacitive level sensors are often not capable of distinguishing them from a water column.
- With [corTEC®] EBE offers a technology for steam cookers that can handle these difficult conditions. It provides reliable measurement results.
More Sensor Technology for Ovens
Sensor systems for ovens can take over further functions. As an example the appliance resp. the user knows the position of the oven door at all times.
For this task EBE sensors + motion has capacitive or inductive [door position sensors] in its portfolio. They can reliably report the position of the door to the central electronics at any time.
The sensor system can be adapted to the different models of the manufacturers.